Welcome!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

Reviews on how pokemon operate in rain and a social community. Welcome :]

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Q/A concerning site  

Samurott -- Rainy day Review --

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
@TooJosh4U
Admin
@TooJosh4U

Activity points : 250
Rep : 7

Samurott -- Rainy day Review -- Empty
PostSubject: Samurott -- Rainy day Review --   Samurott -- Rainy day Review -- EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Samurott -- Rainy day Review -- 503

Well, I'm just being honest here. I don't really like Unova, or it's starters.
But Samurott is a water type, and might have some decent use in the rain, lets see.

Mixed:

Samurott (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Torrent

EVs: 204 Atk / 252 SAtk / 52 Spd

Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

- Hydro Pump
- Megahorn
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash

You still aren't hitting an amazing number with your Speed stat, sadly. Although it still outspeeds some, not as much as you might would like. Hydro Pump gets your good o'l rain boost going, that's the only rainy part about him. Megahorn gets some cool coverage, and more low accuracy ( Maybe have Gravity support with this guy, just an idea ) Ice Beam is coverage, and same for Air Slash.
Not a lot of support from the rain here, except for the increased STAB attack.

Special:

Samurott (M) @ Splash Plate

Trait: Torrent

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

This set offer 2 STAB water attacks, Splash Plate is increasing their power, Rain is increasing their power, you get an STAB boost, Your water moves are going to hit pretty freaking hard. Ice Beam takes down the popular resistance from dragons and grass types.
And Fighting covers some cool stuff, along with letting you not get Screwed to hard by Ferrothorn.

Honestly, he gets the Water type move boost, which is enough to make him more usefull, especially in the case the you build your entire set off of the fact that he can hit freaking hard with his STAB moves.

Rating for the rain - 6.3/10
Back to top Go down
https://rainydayreviews.forumotion.com
MewCreation

MewCreation

Activity points : 19
Rep : 3

PostSubject: Maybe another physical set?   Samurott -- Rainy day Review -- EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:08 pm

I think you forgot about this...

Samurott@focus sash
Nature: adamant
Evs: 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Moveset
Swords dance
Aqua jet
Megahorn
Night slash

Boosting plus priority is area my fun and effective strategy,especially getting stab and rain bonus.megahorn and night slash are coverage
Back to top Go down
@TooJosh4U
Admin
@TooJosh4U

Activity points : 250
Rep : 7

PostSubject: I didn't forget.   Samurott -- Rainy day Review -- EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:12 pm

I didn't forget about it, he's just simply outclassed by tons of other pokemon who can do that exact same thing better in the rain.

Kabutops for example can run

Swords Dance, Aqua Jet / Waterfall ( Waterfall basically is priority with that crazy beast speed ) X-Scissor, and Night Slash.

With 15 higher base attack, and Swift Swim.
So there's no reason for Samurott to try to play a role like that in the rain, when he's simply outclassed.
Back to top Go down
https://rainydayreviews.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samurott -- Rainy day Review --   Samurott -- Rainy day Review -- Empty

Back to top Go down

Samurott -- Rainy day Review --
Page 1 of 1