Welcome!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

Reviews on how pokemon operate in rain and a social community. Welcome :]

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Q/A concerning site  

Shiftry -- Rainy day review --

Go down 
AuthorMessage
@TooJosh4U
Admin
@TooJosh4U

Activity points : 250
Rep : 7

Shiftry -- Rainy day review -- Empty
PostSubject: Shiftry -- Rainy day review --   Shiftry -- Rainy day review -- EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Shiftry -- Rainy day review -- 275

Good ol' Shiftry. I remember thinking this guy was the biggest jerk in the Mystery Dungeon series.. I mean, who wouldn't want to save a Jumpluff? Off topic. Anyway, here's Shiftry and his glorious use in the rain. I'll go ahead and point out what he gets in the rain. 1. No more fire weakness. 2. HP water.

Special:

Shiftry (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Early Bird

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Water]

You can also use Chlorophyll, it doesn't really matter.

Switching nature into Modest and Specs into Scarf is an option, but I prefer Specs.

Dark Pulse is STAB. Fighting + Dark or Ghost makes for awesome coverage, so Focus Blast is in there.
Giga Drain is STAB and healing. HP Water is rain boost.

So this is your classic " I just wanna use Shiftry in the rain " rain team set.

Physical [ Gimmicky sun counter ]:

Shiftry (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Chlorophyll

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk

Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

- Sucker Punch
- SolarBeam
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break

Let the gimmicks begin. Something like Rash might work too. Life Orb + Sucker Punch can deal some good damage. Swords Dance boosting that makes it even better. Brick break can possibly be used for some coverage.
SolarBeam + Chlorophyll is for the sun counter aspect. If sun comes into play, and you don't feel like putting a Politoed back out, Shiftry has things settled for you.
SolarBeam is STAB for if you get to counter in the sun, basically. This is a gimmicky set that I just felt like I should add. It's worked a handful of times.

Overall, he doesn't get much in the rain. A workable special attack for HP water and the loss of a fire weakness give him a little bit of an edge though.

Rating for the rain -- 3/10

Back to top Go down
https://rainydayreviews.forumotion.com

Shiftry -- Rainy day review --
Page 1 of 1