Welcome!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

Reviews on how pokemon operate in rain and a social community. Welcome :]

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Q/A concerning site  

Carracosta -- Mod Review --

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fear Itself
Fear Itself

Activity points : 14
Rep : 0

Carracosta -- Mod Review -- Empty
PostSubject: Carracosta -- Mod Review --   Carracosta -- Mod Review -- EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Carracosta -- Mod Review -- 565

Why must GameFreak do this to us? Give me more Rain Pokemon like Dragonite and Kabutops! But as Rain Pokemon go, Carracosta seems pretty good…

Behemoth of Bulk (Physical Tank)

Carracosta (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Solid Rock

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Aqua Jet
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Curse

Even with Swift Swim, this Pokemon isn’t outspeeding anything. This is about the best you can do. Leftovers provides recovery, and Solid Rock helps sponge some Super Effective hits. EVs give us some bulk, but not a whole lot, as he’s still really weak to Special moves. Aqua Jet ensures that I’ll go first, even if I use Curse 6 times. Aqua Jet also has STAB, and is boosted in the Rain, a nice advantage. Earthquake is for godliness, and it covers Electric types. Toxic give the opponent some really bad passive damage, and Curse boosts my Physical stats.

And now, a Tank turned Sweeper, courtesy of Shell Smash!

Carracosta (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Swift Swim

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shell Smash

Now we’re talking! The Sash is for making sure that, even if I take a hit, I’ll survive! Swift Swim takes my Speed to a whole new level (a lot better than 179)! Hasty Nature gives me extra Speed, and it helps the Sash work. Waterfall is really good STAB, and boosted in the Rain, and a Flinch chance… Awesome! Earthquake is, like in the previous set, for godliness, and it covers Electric types. Rock Slide is more STAB, and it covers Flying types like Staraptor that can hit me Super Effective, but resist Earthquake. Finally, Shell Smash makes this set work. Shell Smash makes anything a Sweeper! If you set up two, you get even more smashing results!

Conclusion: I usually hate Unova Pokemon, but Carracosta is actually pretty good in the Rain.

Rating In The Rain - 7/10

Last edited by J98 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Just adding in a Sprite, nice job. #2-3 Title fixing, it might have been my fault in the first place.)
Back to top Go down

Carracosta -- Mod Review --
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome! :: Pokemon & Their function in Rain :: Unova-
Jump to: